2021 Best of the West winners announced - St. Charles businesses earn top awards
West Suburban Living is a magazine serving as a reference guide to the best of Chicago’s western suburbs. Each year they ask their readers to vote for their favorite Chicagoland businesses in over 70 categories. The 2021 Best of the West winners were published in the March/April issue and St. Charles was well represented.
Thirteen (13) St. Charles businesses ranked in the top 3 of their respective categories. Those businesses are listed below. Some winners are long standing iconic St. Charles businesses like Hotel Baker which placed 3rd for best local hotel, while others like Trend + Relic, which ranked second as the best place to buy antiques, is new to the community but quickly gaining recognition as a great place to shop for home décor and antique finds.
While not every business was able to claim a coveted spot in the top three, 29 St. Charles businesses received honorable mentions as “Other Favorites” in the community. Gia Mia- St Charles, located off the First Street Plaza, was recognized in three categories including placing 3rd for best pizza, and receiving recognition for best outdoor dining and Italian restaurant.
The Best of the West looks beyond restaurants as well, take for example the Best Festivals category where the annual St. Charles Scarecrow Fest hosted by the St. Charles Business Alliance took home third place, behind Naperville’s Last Fling, and Geneva’s winning Festival of the Vine. Other St. Charles community highlights include honorable mentions for best farmers market, best public golf course, best park and best area waterpark.
The key takeaway? St. Charles has a thriving, vibrant and growing business community paired with amenities and attractions that are amongst some of the best in the Chicagoland area. To see the full Best of the West list, visit West Suburban Living’s website here.
St. Charles Best of the West Winners
BEST OF THE WEST – 1st Place
1. Chef Abdul Mediterranean (Best Middle Eastern Food)
2. Kimmer's Ice Cream (Best Ice Cream/Desserts)
3. Arcada Theatre (Best Place for Live Music)
1. Coopers Hawk (Best Wine Bar)
2. Trend + Relic (Best Place to Buy Antiques)
3. Charlestowne 18 Theatre (Best Movie Theater)
1. Francesca's By The River (Best Italian Restaurant)
2. Taste of the Himalayas (Best Indian Restaurant)
3. Vino Thai (Best Thai Restaurant)
4. McNally's Irish Pub (Best Irish Pub)
5. Gia Mia's St Charles (Best Pizza)
6. Scarecrow Fest (Best Festival)
7. Hotel Baker (Best Local Hotel)
1. Gia Mia St. Charles (2 more categories)
5. Sushi Diva
10. Brunch Café
13. Colonial Café
15. Oberweis Dairy
16. Kava Diem